Study Environment

SAKS works actively to monitor and improve students’ work environment. This is done by the Student Work Environment Ombudsman – SAMOs – together with the union’s member responsible for work environment issues.


Have you experienced a problem in your study environment? Then you should report it as a deviation from our standards in study/work environment. You can do this either directly to the university (see the section Study Environment on the Student Portal) or via SAKS (fill in the form for reporting problems in your environment which is here).


There must be at least one Student’s Work Environment Representative (SAMO) from each program, which acts as a link between the students, the union board, and the university’s work environment council. All SAMOs are offered a course through the University of Gothenburg’s student unions, and the assignment is also paid. Contact your education council if you want to be the SAMO for your programme!

You can also contact the SAKS board member responsible for study/work environment or your programme’s SAMO if you have experienced problems with your work environment or have ideas on how it can be improved.